What Is Adipex-P 37.5mg (Phentermine)?
Adipex-P 37.5mg is the brand name for a medication called phentermine.Adipex-P 37.5mg works to decrease appetite and speed weight loss in people who are also following a low-calorie diet and exercise program.
Adipex-P 37.5mg Dose and Duration
Many patients who follow an Adipex-P weight loss plan take one 37.5 mg tablet or capsule in the morning before breakfast. But your doctor will recommend the best dose for you based on your personal health profile.
Adipex-P Side Effects
Dieters who take Adipex-P 37.5mg may experience side effects including depression, nervousness, problems sleeping, dry mouth, constipation, unpleasant taste, diarrhea or vomiting. Researchers studying the medication have reported that the most common side effects are dry mouth and insomnia.
It’s always important to tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your treatments, including over-the-counter (OTC) medications; vitamins, nutritional shakes, protein powders, and other supplements; herbal treatments or other alternative medicines; and any illegal or recreational drugs.
The following drugs interact with Adipex-P 37.5mg:
- Norepinephrine (Levophed)
- Linezolid (Zyvox)
- Phenylephrine injection
- Venlafaxine (Effexor, Effexor XR)
- Amphetamine (Adderall)
- Benzphetamine (Didrex, Regimex)
- Dexmethylphenidate (Focalin XR, Focalin)
- Dextroamphetamine (Dexadrine)
- Isocarboxazid (Marplan)
- Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)
- Methamphetamine (Desoxyn)
- Methylphenidate (Concerta, Metadate CD, Methylin, Ritalin)
- Phendimetrazine (Bontril, Bontril PDM)
- Henelzine (Nardil)
- Procarbazine (Matulane)
- Selegeline transdermal patches (Emsam)
- Sibutramine (Meridia)
- Tranylcypromine (Parnate)