What is Percocet 10mg ?
Percocet 10mg is the brand name for a painkiller that combines oxycodone and acetaminophen. Oxycodone is a powerful opioid. It’s derived from the same source as morphine and some illegal drugs, including heroin.
Buy Percocet 10mg activate the brain’s reward center. You can become addicted to the way the drug makes you feel. But over time, the drug will stop working as well as it used to, and you’ll need to take more of the medicine to achieve the same effect.
Percocet reduces pain through each of its primary substances:
- Oxycodone is a morphine-like substance that acts on the nervous system to change the brain’s perception of pain.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is thought to inhibit certain pain-related chemicals in the body, thought its exact mechanisms of pain control are not fully understood.
What are the side effects of Percocet 10mg ?
The most frequent adverse reactions of Percocet (oxycodone/acetaminophen) include:
Other important side effects include:
- Spasm of the ureter, which can lead to difficulty in urinating
Possible serious side effects include:
- Severe reduction in blood pressure (hypotension)
- Paralytic ileus
- Serious allergic reactions
- Severe skin reactions
Percocet 10mg can depress breathing and, therefore, is used with caution in elderly, debilitated patients and in patients with serious lung disease. Oxycodone can impair thinking and the physical abilities required for driving or operating machinery.
Percocet is given as an oral medication and is available in many strengths. When prescribed after surgery the pill typically contains 5, 7.5 or 10 mg of oxycodone.
How Does Percocet 10mg Work?
Percocet 10mg works in two ways. Oxycodone partially blocks the sensation of pain from reaching the brain. This doesn’t mean that you won’t feel pain, but it will decrease the intensity of pain that you feel.