What is Norco 10mg/325?
Norco 10mg/325 oral tablet is used to treat moderate to severe pain that other treatments have not been able to relieve.
Norco 10mg/325 is a combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen. Hydrocodone is an opioid (narcotic), and acetaminophen is an analgesic (pain reliever). Both drugs are used to reduce pain.These drugs work in your brain to block pain signals. They decrease your ability to feel pain.
What are the side effects of Norco 10mg?
Common side effects of Norco 10mg are:
- nausea, and
Other important side effects include:
- constipation, and
- spasm of the ureter, which can lead to difficulty in urinating.
Norco 10mg can impair thinking and the physical abilities required for driving or operating machinery. Hydrocodone can depress breathing, and should be used with caution in elderly, debilitated patients and in patients with serious lung disease.
Norco 10mg may be habit-forming. Mental and physical dependence can occur but are unlikely when used for short-term pain relief.
Acetaminophen can cause severe liver failure if excessive amounts are used and when combined with chronic alcohol use or other drugs that also impair liver function.
Dosage for moderate to severe pain
Adult dosage (ages 18 years and older and weighing at least 101 pounds [46 kg])
- 5 mg or 2.5 mg hydrocodone / 300 mg or 325 mg acetaminophen: The typical dosage is 1–2 tablets taken every 4–6 hours as needed. The maximum dosage is 8 tablets per day.
- 7.5 mg or 10 mg hydrocodone / 300 mg or 325 mg acetaminophen: The typical dosage is 1 tablet taken 4–6 hours as needed. The maximum dosage is 6 tablets per day.
Child dosage (ages 0–17 years)
- Dosage for people younger than 18 years hasn’t been established.
- Store this drug at temperatures ranging from 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Keep this in a container with a child-resistant closure.
- Keep this drug away from light.