What is Panbesy 30mg and what it is for?
Panbesy 30mg is used together with diet and exercise to treat obesity in people with risk factors such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes.
Panbesy 30mg is indicated as a short-term (a few weeks) adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on exercise, behavioral modification and caloric restriction in the management of exogenous obesity for patients with an initial body mass index greater than or equal to 30 kg/m2, or greater than or equal to 27 kg/m2 in the presence of other risk factors.
Panbesy 30mg side effects, adverse reactions
Generally, Panbesy is relatively well tolerated but can cause some side effects because it releases catecholamines. Among the most common effects include: tachycardia, elevated blood pressure, palpitations, nervousness, irritability and insomnia. Additionally, if this drug is taken for long term, it may develop euphoria and addiction. Other less common side effects include blurred vision, changes in sex drive, clumsiness, confusion, diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, headache, irregular heartbeat, nausea or vomiting, psychosis, skin rash or itching, stomach pain, fatigue and bad taste.
When not to use Panbesy 30mg Capsule
- agitated states
- congestive heart failure
- coronary artery disease
- history of drug abuse
Dosage and administration
It is recommended to use Panbesy 30mg only in the short term (usually about 12 weeks) and then other non-pharmacological strategies for weight loss and healthy dieting and exercise. However, recommendations limiting its use for short-term treatment are controversial. One reason for the restriction to 12 weeks is drug tolerance, as Panbesy loses its appetite-suppressing effects after the body adjusts. On the contrary, it has been shown that this drug did not lose its effect in a trial of 36 weeks. Due to the risk of insomnia, it is recommended taking Panbesy before breakfast or 1-2 hours later.
The following people should not use Panbesy:
- Allergy to any ingredient of Panbesy containing pharmaceutical form (usually capsules or tablets) or other sympathomimetic (eg, pseudoephedrine).
- Taking dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, furazolidone, guanadrel, guanethidine, or have taken of mono-amine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) (eg., phenelzine) in the last 14 days.
- With high blood pressure or moderate hyperthyroidism, glaucoma, heart or circulatory disease, or severe narrowing of blood vessels.
- Who are in a state of agitation or have a history of alcohol or drug abuse.
The following drugs can interact with Panbesy 30mg Quality Pharmaceutical Laboratory:
- Dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, furazolidone, or inhibitors of MAO (eg., phenelzine) because the risk of serious side effects such as headaches, high blood pressure, low pulse, elevated temperature or fatal lung problems.
- Inhibitors of serotonin reuptake (such as fluoxetine).
- Guanadrel or guanethidine because their effectiveness may be decreased by Panbesy. You can also use Terfamex Fentermina for the treatment of overweight.